Thursday 14 May 2015

One Suspect Of Lekki Bank Robbers Confess " I Was Given N50,000"


Updated investigations revealed that some of the suspects were oil bunkerers recruited from Delta, Ondo states and Arepo in Ogun State.

A suspected member of the armed robbery gang who invaded a bank in Lekki Lagos killing three policemen and a teenage hawker has been arrested.
The suspect, Ekelemo Kuete said he was given N50,000 for his involvement in the deadly operation.
According to the indigene of Ondo state, ” We were 15 in number that went for that operation and we used two speed boats. Five of us stayed back in the boat at Lekki while the other 10 went inside the bank. When they killed the policemen and two other civilians I queried them but they didn’t listen.”
“I am the speed boat driver that took the armed robbery gang to Lekki on Mach 12, 2015”. I didn’t want to go, they forced me, and after the operation, they gave me N50,000. I have not gone for robbery operation before now; I am into oil bunkering in Arepo along Lagos Ibadan expressway, a community in Ogun state. I know they were robbers when the contracted me to use my speed boat to convey them through the waterways to Lekki. I make money from oil bunkering between N50,000- N80,000 each time I go to work.

No comments: