Wednesday 14 January 2015

Yar’Adua Would Have Jailed OBJ – Oba Akiolu

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo would have been jailed had his successor, the late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, not died prema­turely in office in May 2010.
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, said this in an exclusive interview with the Daily Times in his palace at the weekend.

“Let me tell you some­thing … if Yar’Adua had been alive for six months before he died, Obasanjo would have been in the prison yard. Because, I, Oba Akiolu, I had the op­portunity of seeing some of the things on ground,” the Lagos monarch said.
Though he declined to give details, Oba Akiolu hinted that it had to do with corruption- related issues saying that by Feb­ruary, he would reveal all.
“The time has not come; after February, I will tell you people more and I’m serious,” he said.
Oba Akiolu added: “I know what I’m say­ing, if the late President Yar’Adua had lived for another six months or one year, Obasanjo would have been in prison yard. Quote me, I, Oba Akio­lu, said it and I mean it. And I still maintain it,”
According to the mon­arch, there were still many things not yet in the public domain, but he vowed to reveal all.
His words: “There are many things still hidden and I will expose them. He is a pretender of the highest order. Obasanjo is a pretender and an anti- Lagos. With his mouth at Island Club on 24th April 2003, he said: ‘You either love Lagos or leave Lagos’. He didn’t love Lagos and didn’t leave Lagos. And all the financial gains he made are from Lagos here. What he acquired genuinely and what he did not acquire genuinely, but everything is in the hands of God. You will see what will happen.”

No comments: