Sunday 2 November 2014

IBB Returns to Nigeria After 2-month Medical Trip

Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida, has returned to Nigeria after being out of the country for two months on medical treatment in Germany.
Babangida arrived Minna airport on Saturday at 2.50pm and was received at the airport by Defence Minister Aliyu Gusau, AVM Hamza Abdullahi, General Halilu Hakilu, Col. Habibu Shuaibu, Hassan Jalo and former PAN Chairman Umaru Ndanusa and his younger brother Sani Ndanusa, former Sports minister.

Others were members of his immediate family led by his elder son, Mohammed; Halima and two of his grand children.
Babangida said: “I am feeling better. I want to use this opportunity to thank all my compatriot Nigerians for the goodwill gestures they expressed during my absence. I have been deeply touched by their love and their affection and by their prayers. I want to use this medium to thank each and everyone them.
“I miss all of you that welcome me, especially my local champion. I look forward to all of you to sit and chat and talk about politics as we always do. I will not say anything now until later. I will be discussing about politics and other national issues as we always do”, he added.
Babangida said he always monitored the BBC when he was away to hear all that was happening in the country. He wore a navy-blue dress with a cap to fit and was ushered into his home by his grand-children who warmly welcomed him.
Source: Thisdaylive

No comments: