Saturday 9 May 2015

Shocking Story Of Mother Of Two Who Lives On The Streets After Being Dumped By Her "Husband"

A mother of two children who found herself in an unfortunate condition after being dumped by her husband in Lagos has resulted to living on the streets and begging as she fends for herself and her little kids. The woman tells her story as she hopes to get a job to put her off the streets. Hear her 

"I met my 'husband' while working as a sales girl in Idumota. He always frequented our shop because of me and each time he came he would always tell me how much he loves me and wants to marry me. I liked him too and we started dating. I got pregnant for him and moved in with him and he promised to marry me and pay my bride price. 

He kept postponing the marriage and each time I ask him, he would say there is no money for that now and once money comes we would get married. We kept living together peaceful till he suddenly changed, abuses me any opportunity he gets, he told me he will never marry someone as ugly as me.


He got married to another woman and brought her home and they made life unbearable for me and my kids, I kept enduring hoping things would get better but he just threw us out from his house. We've been sleeping outside since then. 

The only thing I was able to pack was the clothes I spread on the grass over there and the ones inside the white nylon. Sometimes I start laughing at myself then I begin to cry. I'm so ashamed I never thought this was how my life would end up. I'm an NCE holder, I had plans and now I'm sitting here not knowing where the next meal will come from." 

courtesy: Humans of Lagos 

No comments: