Saturday 14 February 2015

I Don’t Know My Baby’s Father

I am a 22-year-old student. I broke up with my long- time boyfriend about three months ago after a row over money.  A month after the break-up, I met another boy and moved in with him. Two weeks after moving in with my new boyfriend, my former boyfriend came begging.

 I forgave him and moved back to his house.  The following month, I missed my period. Unfortunately, I don’t know which of the two guys is the father to be. Should I just abort the pregnancy or keep it since my old boyfriend is ready to marry me because he believes that he is the father of the baby?
Cynthia (by SMS)
You got yourself into this problem due to your carelessness and unnecessary haste in having a boyfriend. If you had kept a diary with the proper records of your menstrual and sex history, things would have been clearer. The situation has now been compounded by the realisation by your current boyfriend that you are pregnant and that he is the baby’s father.
As it is, confessing your dilemma over who the baby’s father is to your current boyfriend will worsen the situation. Procuring an abortion, apart from the danger involved, is also risky. If you are indeed in love with your current boyfriend, my advice is that you should go ahead and marry her and keep the pregnancy.

No comments: