Thursday 22 January 2015

I Live For Spirits – 33 Years Old Dwarf

Pint size, Nkwo Akataka is 33 years old. In this exclusive interview held at the famous Universal Temple of Absolute God in Anaocha LGA of Anam­bra State, the dwarf told Daily Times his affinity with spirits, the gains and pains of his pint size, his marriage, etc.


Born in Lokanster village in Umunnochi Local Government Area of Abia State, his real name is Sunday Okeke, “But my people prefer to call me Nkwo because I was born on the third market day in our native calen­dar which we call Nkwo. When I started my spiritual work with my master, Ezeoba Akajiofor, Prophet Ramas Asuzu, he gave me the name Akataka, Ezemmor which means king of spirits.”
Sunday admitted he is not ex­actly a spirit, but buttressed he is something relatively close to that by virtue of his work. Hear him:

“Well, I work with spirits and I serve spirits every day. At least, with normal people, you can call me king of spirits.’

He did not stumble into the spiritual business, he told our correspondent.

“My father was serving spirits before I was born. In fact I was called s spirit because of my kind of person and I learnt the pro­cess of working with spirits as a growing child under my father.”
Would he had learnt another trade if his father was a carpen­ter, or a blacksmith? he shook his head vigorously,
“Mba, I don’t think so; I was linked with spirits when I was born, so I was very familiar with spirits and spiritual things as I was growing up’ He shrugged his little shoulders,
“So it is impossible for me to have learnt anything outside spiritual work. I just like the work.”

Sunday said he was allowed to finished his primary education before he took up apprentice­ship under his father. He dis­closed there was a period he had to leave the village for greener pastures.

‘I was serving under Ufor Nna­buchi, a building materials mer­chant at Awka; I followed other apprentices to come deliver floor tiles to this place and from there, Oga Ramas saw me and said he likes me; he offered me ap­prenticeship in his palace and I jumped at it. I have been serving him and the spirits of his great temple for about five years now.”

Though the lady of the temple (Ramas’s wife) is a serving offi­cer in a big Church in Uruofolo, Nri kingdom, Sunday said the Church is not a barrier to his work.

“I don’t go to any Church, but before I serve kola to the spirits, I call God and Jesus Christ, and when I do that, the Almighty God I call just opens my way. I serve God and I serve spirits. I know God likes me because Heis blessing me in my work.”
What are his plans for the future?
“In the future, this thing I am doing can help me because I know there are people who will need my services in the future. My Oga will settle me after serv­ing him and I will start my own work.”
Confirming a rumour to Daily Times that he is a father and a husband, Sunday nodded in af­firmation.
‘Yes, I am already married with one daughter. My wife’s name is Chibuzor Okeke from Umuchi village in Aguata Lo­cal Government Area. She sells in the neighboring village. My daughter is five years old now.”
At the close of the chat with Daily Times, Sunday engaged himself in a spiritual dance re­corded both in video and still photographs for your pleasure.
Dwarfs in Ancient Nri kingdom
According to records in Nri kingdom, the acclaimed ances­tral home of Ndigbo, dwarfs and twins were rejected and slain by natives in the days of old, un­til a decree was passed by their founding fathers, forbidding the rejection of twins and dwarfs. Indeed the dwarf was given a place of honour as priest in the ruling house of any reigning king over Nri land and it has been so to date

No comments: