Friday 5 December 2014

Obafemi Retires From Eagles


Obafemi Martins has revealed that he won’t be playing for the Super Eagles any more as he has called it quits with the national team.
The Seattle Sounders striker has been on the fringes of the national team since 2010, and has made only two appearances for Nigeria since 2012.



Some of the reasons Martins outlined why he won’t be playing for Nigeria any longer, includes the sour relationship that he has with some of his Super Eagles teammates.
Adding that some people no longer want him in the set-up. Despite his fine form in Major League Soccer for his club, Martins has been overlooked by the Super Eagles technical crew, and the 30-year old believes that it is time to hang up his international boots.
“No, I am done with my national team, I will not go there any more. I do not have good relationships with some companions, “ Martins said in an interview with Italian daily, La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“If they do not want me anymore, patience.
“I love my country, I have given so much. But there are problems and although I am summoned, I do not go.”
Martins made 39 appearances for the Super Eagles, netting 18 goals in the period that he played for the national team.

source: vanguardngr.com

No comments: